“The Humber”
Sold - 2 Storey
4 Bedrooms 5 Bathrooms 2 Garages

Weston Village

Weston Village’s history dates back to the 1790’s when it was a tiny hamlet known simply as “The Humber”. Weston’s first settlers were mill owners who were attracted to this area by its rich timber resources and the water-power potential of the Humber River.

The Weston name is attributed to the Wadsworth brothers who came to this area in 1828 and purchased a local flour mill and general store. They renamed this community Weston after their ancestral home in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, England.

Weston’s early development took place on both sides of the Humber River. However in 1850 a disastrous flood destroyed the west bank settlement. Weston’s fortunes would take a turn for the better when first the Grand Trunk Railway (1856) and then the Toronto Grey and Bruce Railway (1869) began service to this area. The railway and associated industry brought great prosperity to Weston.

Weston was first incorporated as a village in 1881 and then as a town in 1915. Weston remained an independent town until 1967 when it amalgamated with the former Borough of York, which amalgamated with the City of Toronto in 1998.

Quality lives in the details of every home built by Urban Park – it’s there where our commitment to excellence can be most clearly seen.  From their gracious exteriors to the exquisite interior finishings in their kitchen and bathrooms, every facet of design and craftsmanship is first class.   Equally important to our success is our dedication to after-sales service and customer satisfaction.

We have built quality homes across the Greater Toronto Area, from the west end to the east. Current and upcoming home sites include Weston Village, Mimico, West Hill and Niagara Region.  Register today and we’ll keep you fully informed about them all.

Property Map

Similar Properties